Lemon-Basil-Fennel Pasta Salad
Cook and Prep Time: 45 minutes
- 1 lb. Lentil Pasta
- 15oz. can Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 Bell Peppers, diced
- 1 Red Onion, sliced
- 6-8 cloves of Garlic, sliced
- 1 Fennel Bulb, sliced
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 2-3 Carrots, shredded
- Vegetable Stock of 1 t Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for sautéing
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- ½ cup Fresh Basil, chopped
For the Sauce
- 1 cup Cashews, soaked overnight
- ½ – 1 cup Basil
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- ½ cup Fennel Fronds
- 1-2 clove Garlic
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 T Tahini
- 1-2 T Water (if needed)
- Lemon Wedges
- Fresh Chopped Basil or Parsley
- Red Chili Flakes
- Sunflower Seeds
- Rinse and chop the produce accordingly.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Once the pasta is al dente, rinse under cold water to halt the cooking process.
- Make the sauce. Combine all sauce ingredients in a blender, and pulse until smooth.
- Set a pan to medium heat. Once hot, add the red onion, garlic, and bell pepper. Sauté for 4-5 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
- Combine all the pasta salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Pour of the dressing, and toss to combine.
- Serve with your desired garnishes. Enjoy!