Cook and Prep Time: 35-40 minutes
- 2 8 oz. packages Tempeh
- 1 lb. Cremini Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 5-6 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 cup Dry White Wine (like a Chardonnay)
- ½ cup Vegetable Stock
- 2-3t Dried Thyme
- 2-3t Dried Oregano
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Vegetable Stock OR Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for sautéing
- Mashed Potatoes
- Cauliflower Mash
- Chopped Parsley
- Chopped Chives
- Chopped Basil
- Rinse and chop the produce accordingly.
- Make the tempeh. Set a large pan to medium-high heat. Add the tempeh. Cook until the tempeh browns, 2-3 minutes. Then, flip and repeat. Then, remove the tempeh prepare the pan for Step 3.
- Set the pan back to medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, and cook until the mushrooms have started to brown. Cook for 5 minutes. Then, add garlic and onion. Cook for 5-6 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
- Add the wine, dried oregano, dried thyme, and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, and then let simmer for 10 minutes, until the liquid has reduced by half. Then, add the arrowroot powder, and stir until thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the tempeh. Serve with your desired sides. Enjoy!