Another one of my favorite one-pot meals here!
Shakshuka is one of those dishes I go back to time and time again!
Simple to put together and easy to clean up, this can easily become a family favorite for you too!
One-Pot Vegan Chickpea Shakshuka
Cook and Prep Time: 30-35 minutes
- 1 large can Chickpeas, rinse and drained
- 1 large can Tomato Puree
- ½ cup Vegetable stock
- 4-5 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Bell Pepper, diced
- ½ cup Onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. Cumin
- 1 tbsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp. Ground Coriander
- 1 tbsp. Coconut Nectar OR Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp. Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- ¼ cup Chopped Kalamata Olives
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- Chopped Parsley or Cilantro, for garnish
- Brown Rice or Riced Cauliflower, for serving
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil or Vegetable Stock
- Rinse and chop the produce accordingly.
- Set a large rimmed skillet to medium heat. Add olive oil. Once hot, add bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently, or until onion is translucent.
- Add tomatoes and spices. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid burning.
- Add chickpeas and chopped olives, and stir to combine. Lower the heat and cover. Cook for 15-20 minutes, until flavors begin to marry. Adjust seasonings accordingly. Add lemon juice, and stir to combine.
- Optional, if your pot or pan is oven friendly, add to the oven for 5 minutes to brown the top.
- Remove from heat. Serve with brown rice or riced cauliflower. Garnish with fresh herbs. Enjoy!