Spiced Tomato Soup
Cook and Prep Time: 25 minutes
- 3 lbs. Tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 3 cups Water or Vegetable Stock
- 6-8 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 1-inch Ginger, minced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 2 t Ground Coriander
- 1 t Ground Cumin
- 15 oz. Cannellini Beans, rinsed and drained
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Vegetable Stock, for sautéing
- Chopped Parsley
- Chopped Cilantro
- Chopped Basil
- Pine Nuts
- Red Chili Flakes
- Toasted Sourdough Bread
- Rinse and chop the produce accordingly.
- Set a pot or Dutch Oven to medium heat. Once hot, add the bell pepper and onion, and cook for 7-8 minutes, until softened.
- Add the garlic and ginger, and cook for 1-2 additional minutes, until fragrant. Then, add the ground coriander and cumin, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, and vegetables stock. Bring the pot to a mixture and partially cover. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth and creamy.
- Serve the soup, and top with your desired garnishes. Enjoy!