Vegan Broccoli “Cheese” Soup
Cook and Prep Time: 50 minutes
• 1 lb. Broccoli, chopped into florets, stems reserved
• 1 cup Yukon Gold Potatoes, diced
• 1 15oz. can Cannellini Beans, rinsed and drained
• ¾ cup Celery, chopped
• ¾ cup Carrots, diced
• 7-8 cloves Garlic, minced
• 1 Yellow Onion, diced
• 4 cups Water or Vegetable Stock
• ½ cup Cashews, soaked overnight
• 2 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
• 2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
• 1 Lemon, juiced
• ½ cup Nutritional Yeast
• 1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
• Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
• 1 tsp. Olive Oil
• Olive Oil or Vegetable Stock, for sautéing
• Chopped Parsley, for garnish
- Rinse and chop the produce accordingly. Preheat your oven to 400˚F. Line 1 baking tray.
- Set a large pot to medium-high heat. Add broccoli stems, carrots, celery, onion, and garlic to the pot. Add a pinch of salt, and sauté until softened, 8-10 minutes.
- Then, add the potatoes and vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer, and cook for 20 minutes, until the potatoes have softened.
- Meanwhile, roasted the broccoli florets. Place the broccoli florets on your baking tray. Season with salt and pepper, and toss in 1 tsp. of olive oil. Roast for 15 minutes, tossing halfway, or until tender.
- To your pot, add the mustard, apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast, smoked paprika, cashews, cannellini beans, and lemon juice. Stir to combine.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth, adding water if needed.
- Serve the soup in bowls, and top with parsley and roasted broccoli florets. Enjoy!