Winter is the time of year for warm and cozy foods.
But that doesn’t mean they can’t be nutritious AND delicious!
So this week, we’re going with an Apple & Berry Crumble.
This is one of my favorite desserts ever! The stewed fruit brings so much flavor to the table, and the crunchy topping really brings it all together!
I hope you give this one a try! You won’t be disappointed!
Vegan Berry & Apple Crumble
Cook and Prep Time: 35 minutes
Serves: 8 servings
- 5 cups Frozen Berries
- 5-6 Apples, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- Water, as needed
For the Crumble Topping
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- ½ cup Oat Flour
- 2 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- ¾ cup Pumpkin Seeds
Garnish with coconut yogurt, fresh fruit, cinnamon, mint, or other favorite toppings.
- Preheat your oven to 350˚F.
- Stew the fruit. To a pot set to medium heat. Add the berries, maple syrup, and cinnamon. Toss to combine, and stir until thawed and softened, about 10-15 minutes. Add water as needed to avoid burning. Remove the fruit from heat and allow it to cool before step 4.
- Meanwhile, make the crumble. Add all the crumble ingredients to a large bowl, and toss to evenly combine and coat.
- To a deep baking tray, add the fruit. Then, top evenly with the crumble topping. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the top is brown and crispy.
- Allow the crumble to cool before serving. Garnish with your desired toppings. Enjoy!