Oh my goodness! 3 Ingredient Cashew Cheese so easy it doesn’t even make sense!
Cashew Milk, Lemon, Salt.
Bring the milk to a simmer, add lemon juice and salt, and let cool for 20 minutes.
Set up a bowl, cheesecloth, and strainer as seen in the last picture. Then refrigerate overnight, allowing the water to strain out.
That’s it! You can add other flavor agents to make other flavors, but that’s the basic setup!
Homemade 3-Ingredient Cashew Cheese
Cook and Prep Time: 30 minutes (+8-12 hours)
Serves: 1 cup
- 2 ½ cups Cashew Milk
- You can make you own by adding 1/3 cup cashews to 2 cups water and blending together.
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Salt, to taste
- Other flavor agents (spices, herbs, etc.) [optional]
- Set a pot to medium heat, and bring cashew milk to a simmer. Be careful to not boil.
- Once simmering, add lemon juice and salt. Stir to incorporate evenly.
- Take the pot off heat, and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature, about 15-20 minutes. Add herbs and spices as desired here, and stir to combine (optional).
- Take a strainer or sieve, and place it on top of a large mixing bowl. Line the strainer/sieve with cheesecloth. Pour the mixture into the strainer, and gently strain out some of the water.
- Place a weight on top of the cheese cloth (to help strain out more water), and then place in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, you can carefully remove the cheese from the cheese cloth, and (optional) mold into the shape you desire.
- Serve with vegetable crudité. Enjoy!