Sweet Chili Brussel Sprouts
Cook and Prep Time: 35 minutes
• 2 lbs. Brussels Sprouts, halved
• 1 bunch Scallions, chopped, greens and whites separated
• 3-5 cloves Garlic, minced
• 1 ½ inch Ginger, grated
For the Sauce
• 1 tbsp. Cornstarch + 1 tbsp. Water
• 2 tbsp. Tamari
• 1 tbsp. Sriracha
• 1 tsp. Sesame Oil
• 1 tbsp. Maple Syrup
• 1 ½ tsp. Rice Wine Vinegar
• 2-3 tbsp. Water
- Rinse and chop the produce accordingly. Preheat your oven to 400˚F. Line 1 baking tray.
- Roast the sprouts. Place the sprouts on your baking tray. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat with 1 tsp. of olive oil. Roast for 30 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Make the cornstarch slurry by combining cornstarch and water, and whisk to combine. Set this aside for later.
- Make the sauce. Combine the rest of the sauce ingredients, and whisk to combine.
- Set a pan to medium heat. Once hot, add scallion whites, ginger, and garlic. Cook until fragrant and golden, 2-3 minutes. Then, add the sauce and bring it to a simmer. Once simmering, add the cornstarch slurry, and simmer until the sauce has thickened, 2-3 minutes more.
- Once thickened, add the sprouts, and toss to combine in the sauce.
- Garnish with scallion greens, cilantro, and sesame seeds. Enjoy!