Smoky Baked Beans
Cook and Prep Time: 60-70 minutes
- 2 28oz. cans Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 6-8 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 T Chili Powder
- 1-2 t Dried Oregano
- 1 t Ground Mustard
- 2 t Ground Cumin
- 2 t Smoked Paprika
- 1 T Miso Paste
- 2 T Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 T Maple Syrup
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Vegetable Stock or 1-2 Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for sautéing
- Rinse and chop the produce accordingly. Preheat your oven to 350˚F.
- Set a Dutch oven or large, oven-friendly pot to medium heat. Once hot, add the onion, pepper, and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
- Add the spices (ground mustard, chili powder, dried oregano, ground cumin, smoked paprika), and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the miso paste, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, and black beans. Add just enough water to cover the beans. Stir to combine.
- Transfer your pot to the oven, and bake for 50-60 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve with tacos or as the side at a barbecue. Enjoy!