Chickpeas are one of my favorites! Definitely a go-to during the week.
Incredibly versatile and tasty, as well as a great source of fiber and plant-based protein.
From falafel, to hummus, to flour, to simply roasted, the list goes on.
My favorite chickpea recipe is actually quite simple.
Roasted with some spices, and served with a variety of other veggies.
I prefer them on the spicier side, so I bring some ground chipotle pepper to bring the spicy, smoky kick!
Then toss in some fresh parsley for some brightness and you have chickpeas you have have on their own, on top of salads, or as a snack! The choice is yours!
Roasted Chipotle Pepper-Lime Chickpeas
Cook and Prep Time: 30 minutes
- 1 29 oz. can Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp. Olive Oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp. Ground Chipotle Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Garlic Powder
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Heat an oven to 400°F. Juice the lime.
- On a baking tray, add chickpeas and spices. Sprinkle olive oil and lime juice all over and mix well with hands.
- Once oven is warm, place chickpeas in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until slightly crispy, mixing halfway through.
- Place in a bowl for serving. Garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!