Rice & Black Beans
Cook and Prep Time: 30 minutes
• 1 cup Brown Rice
• 1 29oz. can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 Red Onion, diced
• 5-6 cloves Garlic, minced
• 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
• 1 Jalapeno, diced
• 2 tsp. Cumin
• 1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
• 1 tsp. Chili Powder
• 1 Lime, juiced
• Olive Oil or Vegetable Stock, for sautéing
• Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
• Chopped Cilantro, for garnish
- Rinse and chop your produce accordingly.
- Cook your rice by adding 2 parts water (or vegetable stock) to 1 part rice. Cover and simmer until all water has evaporated, or follow package instructions.
- Make the beans while the recipe cooks. Set a large skillet to medium-heat. Once hot, add onion and garlic. Cook for 5-6 minutes, until onion is translucent. Then, add bell peppers and jalapeno. Toss to combine, cooking for 1-2 minutes.
- Add black beans, and stir to combine.
- Add spices and lime juice. Toss to combine and cook until fragrant.
- When the rice is done cooking, add it to your beans, and toss to combine. Season to taste.
- Serve with cilantro and lime juice. Enjoy!