Refried Pinto Beans
Cook and Prep Time: 25 minutes
• 2 15oz. cans Pinto Beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 Yellow Onion, diced
• 5-6 cloves Garlic, minced
• 2 tsp. Chili Powder
• 2 tsp. Ground Cumin
• 1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
• ½ cup Water + more if needed
• 1 Lime, juiced
• Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
• Vegetable Stock of EVOO, for sautéing
• Chopped Cilantro, for garnish
- Rinse and chop the produce accordingly.
- Set a skillet to medium heat. Once hot, add onion, and sauté for 5-6 minutes, until the onion is translucent. Then, add minced garlic, and cook for 1 minute more, or until fragrant.
- Add chili powder, smoked paprika, and cumin, and toss to coat. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the pinto beans and the water. Reduce the heat to low. Stir to combine, and then, using a potato masher or the back of a fork, mash the beans until your desired consistency is reached.
- Turn off the heat, and stir in the lime just. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve. Enjoy!