Homemade Peach Chutney
Cook and Prep Time: 35 minutes
Serves: about 2 cups
- 3 cups Peaches, chopped (4-5 total)
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- ½ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2-3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 small Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 T Ginger, grated
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tbsp. Salt
- ½ cup Pecans, chopped (you can use other nuts)
- ½ cup Golden Raisins
- 1 tbsp. Coconut Nectar OR Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Thyme
- 1 tbsp. Turmeric
- Rinse and chop the produce accordingly.
- Mix water, lemon juice, vinegar, honey, and salt in a saucepan set it to medium-high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and onion to the sauce pan. Allow mixture to simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the peaches, pecans, and the rest of your spices. Simmer for another 10 minutes, until peaches are tender.
- Remove pan from heat, and allow the chutney to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Store additional chutney in a glass jar, and keep refrigerated. Enjoy!