Who doesn’t love pasta?!
There are so many different ways you can go here.
In terms of a quick weeknight dinner, this is something that is going to be very difficult to surpass!
Instead of adding spinach to your favorite pasta sauce, why not try collard greens?
Compared to spinach, it has a little more texture and is sturdier, so you will need a little more time to cook it down, but it is well worth the extra couple of minutes.
Plus when you add flavors like lemon juice, it can really stand out and pop!
Hope you give this a try!
Oil-Free Marinara Sauce with Collard Greens & Chickpeas
Cook and Prep Time: 30-40 minutes
- 1 large can Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch Collard Greens, stems removed, chopped
- 2 Zucchini, cut in half, peeled into wide, flat strips
- 1 large can Tomato Puree
- 3-4 Shallots, halved, thinly chopped OR 1 White Onion, diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, sliced
- Vegetable Stock or Water, for sautéing
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Garlic Powder, to taste
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- Chopped Parsley, for garnish
- Nutritional Yeast, for garnish
- 16 oz. Brown Rice Pasta
- Rinse and chop produce accordingly.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions
- Set a large pan or skillet to medium heat. Once warm, add garlic and shallots, cooking until softened, 4-5 minutes, adding vegetable stock as needed.
- Add the collard greens. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until wilted.
- Add the chickpeas, and cook until warmed through, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for about5 minutes, until desired thickness is reached. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add zucchini noodles to sauce, and stir to combine. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Divide evenly among serving plates. Garnish with parsley and nutritional yeast. Enjoy!