Cook and Prep time: 5 minutes
- 3 cups Basil, stems removed and roughly chopped (you can use other greens, like spinach, kale, and others in combination)
- 2 handfuls Pine Nuts, Almonds, or Walnuts
- ½ Lemon, juiced fresh
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp. Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- Place the walnuts or pine nuts onto a pan with medium heat for five minutes or until browned, stirring frequently to avoid burning.
- Rinse produce. Roughly chop the garlic and cut the lemon in half.
- Add the nuts to a food processor, along with the basil, cup olive oil, garlic cloves, 1 half of squeezed lemon juice, salt (or to taste), black pepper (or to taste), red pepper flakes. Blend until smooth and set aside until ready to use. Enjoy!