This chickpea tuna salad is so versatile, flavorful, and worth giving a try.
Since school is right around the corner, this definitely could become a staple, especially for those picky eaters you might have around! 😂😋
Check out the written and video recipes below!
Chickpea “Tuna” Salad
Cook and Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1 large can Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 Carrots, shredded
- 2 stalks of Celery, finely chopped
- 1 Red Onion, diced
- 2-3 clove Garlic, minced
- ½ cup Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 2-3 tbsp. Tahini
- 2-3 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Bread of choice
- Toppings of choice (lettuce, tomato, mustard, vegan mayo, sriracha, red onion, etc.)
- Rinse and cut the vegetables accordingly. Rinse and drain the beans.
- Dry the beans and add them to a large bowl. Mash the chickpeas with a potato masher or fork, leaving some whole chickpeas for texture.
- Add carrots, celery, and red onion to bowl with chickpeas and begin to stir.
- Add the cilantro, lemon juice, tahini, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Once thoroughly mixed. Serve on toasted grain free bread or add to a wrap along with the desired toppings. Enjoy!