Cook and Prep Time: 15 minutes (+45-60 minutes pressing tofu)
• 1 Block Tofu
• 1 tbsp. Turmeric
• ½ White Onion, diced
• 1 tbsp. Garlic Powder
• 1 tbsp. Onion Powder
• 1 tsp. Mustard Powder
• Salt, to taste
• Black Pepper, to taste
• Scallions, for garnish
• Chopped Chives, for garnish
• Chopped Cilantro or Parsley, for garnish
- Rinse and chop the produce accordingly.
- Pat the tofu block as dry as possible with a clean dish towel. Then, place the tofu on a plate with a heavy pot or pan on top and allow to press for about 45-60 minutes.
- Once the tofu is dry, break tofu into larger pieces with your hands.
- Set a pan to medium heat. Once hot, add ½ tbsp. olive oil or vegetable stock. Then, add onion. Cook until onion is translucent, 4-5 minutes.
- Add tofu, and spices, and toss to combine. Cook until tofu is warmed through, 3-4 minutes, breaking larger pieces with a wooden spoon as you stir.
- Plate and garnish with chives or fresh herbs. Enjoy!