These sprouts are great for this time of year!
If you’re looking for something sweet, spicy, and tangy, then look no further!
Simply put the sauce together as you roast your sprouts, and you’ll be wondering why you didn’t buy more veggies to roast in the first place!
Sweet Chili Brussel Sprouts
Cook and Prep Time: 35 minutes
- 2 lbs. Brussels Sprouts, halved
- 1 bunch Scallions, chopped, greens and whites separated
- 3-5 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 ½ inch Ginger, grated
For the Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Cornstarch + 1 tbsp. Water
- 2 tbsp. Tamari
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha
- 1 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 ½ tsp. Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp. Water
- Rinse and chop the produce accordingly. Preheat your oven to 400˚F. Line 1 baking tray.
- Roast the sprouts. Place the sprouts on your baking tray. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat with 1 tsp. of olive oil. Roast for 30 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Make the cornstarch slurry by combining cornstarch and water, and whisk to combine. Set this aside for later.
- Make the sauce. Combine the rest of the sauce ingredients, and whisk to combine.
- Set a pan to medium heat. Once hot, add scallion whites, ginger, and garlic. Cook until fragrant and golden, 2-3 minutes. Then, add the sauce and bring it to a simmer. Once simmering, add the cornstarch slurry, and simmer until the sauce has thickened, 2-3 minutes more.
- Once thickened, add the sprouts, and toss to combine in the sauce.
- Garnish with scallion greens, cilantro, and sesame seeds. Enjoy!