Cook and Prep Time: 45 minutes
- 2 cans Pinto Beans, rinsed and drained
- 4-5 bunches Oyster Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 head Iceberg Lettuce
- 1 Red Onion, halved and sliced thinly
- 4-5 cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp. Tamari
- 1 tbsp. Coconut Nectar
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- Rinse and chop the produce accordingly. Chop the stem off the head of the iceberg lettuce. Then, begin to remove each individual leaf. Stack all the leaves in a bowl or on a plate and set aside.
- Add lemon juice, tamari, and coconut nectar to a bowl, whisk to combine.
- In a small pan, add 1 tbsp. oil and set it to medium-low heat. Once the pan is hot, add the onion and stir to combine. Cook the onions down until caramelized, stirring occasionally to avoid burning, for about 20 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large pan, add 1 tbsp. oil and set to medium heat. Once hot, add garlic, stirring frequent. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Then, add mushrooms and toss to combine. Cook until slightly softened, 5-6 minutes. Add pinto beans, and stir to combine, 1-2 minutes more. Add tamari mixture and toss to combine. Cook for an additional minute.
- Add bean-mushroom mixture to lettuce taco “shell” and top with caramelized onions. Enjoy!