Pea-sto Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Cook and Prep Time: 30-40 minutes
For the Pesto
- 2 cups Basil, packed
- 1 cup Parsley, chopped
- 1 cup Peas
- 4-6 cloves Garlic
- ½ cup Nuts & Seeds of choice (walnuts, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, pine nuts)
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1 t Miso Paste
- 1-2 T Vegetable Stock + more if needed
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
For the Pasta
- 16oz. Legume-Based Pasta
- 4-5 cloves Garlic
- 1 White Onion, sliced
- ¾ – 1 cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup Arugula, Spinach, or other leafy green
- Olive Oil or Vegetable Stock, for sautéing
- Chopped Basil
- Lemon Zest
- Chopped Walnuts
- Rinse and chop the produce accordingly.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Make the pesto. Add all ingredients to a food processor, and pulse until smooth. Season to taste accordingly.
- Bring a large skillet to medium-high heat. Once hot, sauté onion, garlic, and sundried-tomatoes. Cook until the onion is fragrant, 4-5 minutes.
- Add the pasta and half of the pesto to the skillet, and toss it all to combine.
- For serving, top with leftover pesto, arugula, and chopped basil.