This is the first cooking video I ever shot! I was so nervous that I forgot to turn my phone to shoot the video widescreen!
Anyway, these came out absolutely delicious, despite being in front of the camera. Give these a shot and you won’t be disappointed!
Check out the video and written recipe below!
Cook and Prep Time: 35 Minutes
- 1 ½ lb. Mushrooms, diced
- ¾ cup Walnuts, chopped
- 1 Red Onion, chopped
- 1 head Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. Tamari
- Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp. Smoked Paprika’
- 1 tbsp. Chili Powder
- Olive Oil
- Taco Shells, as needed (or Collard Green Leaves!)
- Rinse and chop the produce accordingly.
- Set a pan to medium heat. Once hot, add 1 tbsp. olive oil. Once shimmering, add garlic and onion. Sauté until onion has become translucent, about 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Increase heat to medium-high, and add mushrooms and walnuts. Stir to combine. Cook until mushrooms have reduced in size and liquid has burned off, about 7-8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add spices and tamari, and toss to combine, until flavors are evenly distributed. Cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat, and add to taco shells. Top with homemade guacamole and serve with a salad. Enjoy!