Vegan Chickpea Caesar Salad
Cook and Prep Time:
- 2 bundles Kale, chopped
- 1 1 Lemon juiced
- Crispy Shawarma Spiced Roasted Chickpeas (see below)
- Chopped Basil, for garnish
- Hemp Seeds, for garnish
- 1-2 T Nutritional Yeast (optional)
For the Dressing
- 1 c Cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 t Dijon Mustard
- 8 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 4 t Capers
- 2 t Brine Juice from Capers
- 2 Lemons, juiced
- 1 t Miso Paste
- ½ c Water (add more if needed)
- 1 t Maple Syrup
- Rinse and chop the produce accordingly.
- Prepare the chickpeas (see below).
- Prepare the dressing by adding all of your ingredients to a blender, and pulsing until creamy. Add water until the dressing is thin enough to be poured.
- To a large bowl, add the kale and lemon juice. With your hands, massage the kale to soften the texture.
- Add you dressing and toss to combine. Top with chickpeas, basil, and hemp seeds! Enjoy!
Crispy Shawarma Spiced Roasted Chickpeas
Cook and Prep Time: 25 minutes
- 28 oz. Chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 2 T Ground Cumin
- 2 t Smoked Paprika
- 2 t Ground Turmeric
- 1 t Ground Ginger
- 1 t Ground Coriander
- ½ Ground Cloves
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 t Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Rinse the chickpeas and add them to a lined baking tray. Preheat your oven to 425˚F.
- Add all of your spices to your chickpeas, and toss them in olive oil. Season to taste.
- Roast the chickpeas for 25-30 minutes in the oven, flipping halfway.
- Serve as a side dish, or on top of salads. Enjoy!