Homemade Pizza Sauce
Cook and Prep Time: 30 minutes
• 1 28oz. can Tomato Puree
• 1 Yellow Onion, diced
• 1 head Garlic, minced
• 2 tsp. Onion Powder
• 2 tsp. Garlic Powder
• 1 tsp. Dried Oregano
• 1 tsp. Dried Basil
• Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
• 1 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Vegetable Stock, for sautéing
- Rinse and chop the produce accordingly
- Set a small pot to medium heat. Once hot, add garlic and onion. Sauté for 4-5 minutes, until the onion is translucent. Stir frequently to avoid burning.
- Add tomato puree and spices. Bring to the sauce to a boil. Then cover, and place on a low flame. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- With an immersion blender, blend the sauce until smooth. Season to taste.
- Add the sauce to your pizzas, and enjoy!