Cook and Prep Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 1 ½ cups
• 1 7 oz. can Chili Peppers in Adobo Sauce
• 2-3 Roasted Red Bell Peppers
• 2 tbsp. Tomato Paste
• 4 cloves Garlic, chopped
• 1 tsp. Caraway Seeds (whole or ground)
• 2 tsp. Ground Coriander
• 2 tsp. Ground Cumin
• 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
• 1 Lemon, juiced OR 1 tbsp. Sambal Oelek (for a spicier version)
• Salt, to taste
• Black Pepper, to taste
• 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Rinse and chop the produce accordingly.
- Soak the dried chili peppers in water for about 30 minutes, until rehydrated.
- OPTIONAL. If you are using whole seeds, set a dry pan to medium heat. Once hot, add seeds, stirring frequently to avoid burning. Once aromatic (2-3 minutes) then remove from heat.
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor (or blender) and pulse until creamy.
- Store in a mason jar. Use as a marinade or on top of grilled vegetables. Harissa can also be added to dips for more depth of flavor. Enjoy!