Golden Spring Curry
Cook and Prep Time:30-35 minutes
- 28oz. Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch Asparagus, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 3 Potatoes, cubed
- 1 bunch Spinach, chopped and stems removed
- 1 Onion, diced
- 6-8 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece Ginger, grated
- 2 Tomatoes, diced
- 1 T Chili Powder
- 2-3 t Ground Turmeric
- 1 T Curry Powder
- 2 t Cinnamon
- 1 T Ground Coriander
- 2 t Ground Cloves
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 3-4 cups Vegetable Stock, plus more if needed
- 5 oz. can Coconut Cream
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Vegetable Stock or Water, for sautéing
- 1 Lime, juiced
- Brown Rice
- Roasted Potatoes
- Chopped Cilantro
- Sesame Seeds
- Rinse and chop the produce accordingly.
- Set a pot medium-high heat. Once hot, add onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook until onion is translucent, 4-5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and ground spices. Cook until aromatic, adding water if needed to avoid burning, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, potatoes, asparagus, and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Add vegetable stock and bay leaf, then bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the coconut cream, spinach, and stir to combine, and cook for 5 more minutes. Add lime juice, and season to taste.
- Serve with roasted potatoes, rice, or quinoa. Garnish with lime wedges, sesame seeds, and chopped cilantro. Enjoy!