Falafel, regardless of their shape, are one of my favorite plant-based protein sources. You can use them in a variety of ways, and make different sauces and salads to mix and match.
Check out our version of Falafel Burgers in this YouTube video, with the recipe below!
Cook and Prep Time: 45 minutes
- 1 large can Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Oat Flour (or almond flour)
- ½ cup Parsley, chopped
- 1 Red Onion, minced
- 1 head Garlic, minced
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp. Cumin
- 1 tbsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbsp. Za’atar Seasoning
- Olive Oil
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Rinse and chop the produce accordingly. Preheat oven to 400˚F. Line 1 baking tray.
- Set a pan to medium heat. Add 1 tbsp. olive oil. Once hot, add red onion. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until slightly softened. Then, add garlic, a pinch of salt, and cook for 1 minute more, until fragrant.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl except the oat flour, and begin to combine. Once mixed evenly, slowly add the oat flour to incorporate it evenly. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Begin to form patties ½ inch thick. Place them on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until outer layer is crispy and inside is soft.
- Serve with cabbage slaw, Greek salad, or on a toasted bun. Enjoy!