Dairy-Free No-Vodka Sauce
Cook and Prep Time: 60 minutes
• Cashew Cream
o ½ cup Cashews, soaked overnight
o ¾ cup Water
o 1 ¼ tbsp. White Miso Paste
o 2 tbsp. Nutrition Yeast
• 1 Yellow Onion, diced
• 1 head Garlic, minced
• 1 large can (29 oz.) Crushed or Pureed Tomatoes
• Olive Oil or Vegetable Stock, for sautéing
• Salt, to taste
• Black Pepper, to taste
• 1 tbsp. Onion Powder
• 1 tbsp. Garlic Powder
• 1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- Rinse and chop the produce accordingly. Cook your pasta according to package instructions. Then, set aside until Step 5.
- Make the cashew cream. Add ingredients to blender and pulse until smooth.
- Make the sauce. Set a large pot to medium heat. Once hot, add garlic and onion, stirring occasionally to avoid burning. Cook until onion is translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, onion powder, smoked paprika, and garlic powder. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Allow sauce to cook for at least 20 minutes before serving, stirring occasionally. You can simmer for longer for a richer flavor.
- About 5 minutes before serving, add the cashew cream and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and allow flavors to marry. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Add 1 spoonful of sauce to the pasta and toss to combine. Distribute pasta evenly among serving bowls. Top with sauce. Garnish with fresh chopped basil leaves. Enjoy!