Black Bean & Mushroom Burgers (EASY)
Cook and Prep Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 6-8 patties
- 28oz. can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 8oz. Cremini Mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 6-8 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 cup Walnuts, chopped
- 1 T Ground Flax Seeds + 3 T Water (mix and let stand for 10 minutes prior to using)
- 1 cup Oat Flour
- 1 T Miso Paste
- 2-3 t Garlic Powder
- 1 t Ground Cumin
- 1 t Smoked Paprika
- 2 T Tamari
- 1 T Vegan Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Vegetable Stock, for sautéing
- Toasted Buns
- Onion Rings
- Lettuce or Cabbage
- Rinse and chop the produce accordingly. Preheat your oven to 400˚F. Line 1 baking tray.
- Set a large pan to medium heat. Once hot, add mushrooms, onion, and garlic. Sauté for 6-7 minutes, until mushrooms have reduced, stirring frequently to avoid burning. Add 1 T tamari, and toss to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl, and your black beans. Using a potato masher, mash the beans into a paste. Then, add the rest of the ingredients, and mix well.
- Add the burgers to your baking tray. Bake for 30-35 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Serve with your favorite toppings, and enjoy!