Watermelon Poke Bowls
Cook and Prep Time: 1 hour (+ 2-3 hours to marinate)
For the Marinade
- 1 T Tahini
- 6 T Tamari or Coconut Aminos
- 2 T Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1-inch piece Ginger
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 2 Scallions
- 1-2 T Sesame Oil
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Nori Sheets
- Brown Rice or Quinoa
- Shelled Edamame
- Sliced Cucumber
- Sliced Carrots
- Lime Wedges
- Sesame Seeds
- Rinse and chop the produce accordingly. Line 1 or 2 baking trays and preheat your oven to 400˚F.
- Make the marinade. Combine all marinade ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Add your watermelon to the baking trays. Pour over half of the marinade, toss to coat.
- Bake the watermelon for 45 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Once the watermelon is finished, place it in a mixing bowl, and add the rest of the marinade. Toss to combine. Then, place in the oven for at least 2-3 hours (or overnight).
- Serve with your desired garnishes. Enjoy!
Very excited to make this for Thanksgiving later this week!
I love putting twists on classics, and hummus is one of the best to tinker with!
Seasonal ingredients, like squash, make for a great vehicle to spice things up.
They also add this gorgeous color!
Impress your friends and family this week with this one!!
Roasted Butternut Squash Hummus
Cook and Prep Time: 60 minutes
Serves: 2 cups
- 1 Butter Squash, cubed
- 2-4 cloves Garlic
- 2 15 oz. can Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Reserved Aquafaba from both cans!
- 2 tbsp. Tahini
- 1 tbsp. Salt
- 1 Lemon, juiced and zested
- Water, as needed
- Preheat your oven to 400˚F. Rinse and chop the produce accordingly. Line 1 baking tray.
- Add butternut squash to the baking tray, and roast for 30-35 minutes, or until each piece is fork tender. Remove the squash from the oven and and let cool.
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor, and pulse until smooth. Slowly add more water, 1 tbsp. at a time, to reach the desired consistency. Season with more salt if needed.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, toasted squash (or pumpkin) seeds, and spices. Enjoy!