Gluten Free Pasta with Artichoke Hearts, Peas, Sundried Tomatoes, and Onion with Cannellini Bean Puree
Yes, a lot of words, but it is much simpler than the name leads on.
This recipe was done using all pantry ingredients, a head of garlic, and an onion. Especially when it might be tough to get fresh produce, this is a shining example of how you can still make a very healthy meal from scratch in about 40 minutes.
Soooo good and super simple to put together!
Who doesn’t like pasta!?
Check out the recipe video, as well as written recipes below!
Pasta with Artichoke Hearts, Peas, & Sun-Dried Tomatoes with Butterbean and White Asparagus Puree
Cook and Prep Time: 45 minutes
- 1 container Bean-Based Pasta (your choice, I prefer a longer pasta)
- 1 container Artichoke Hearts, quartered, rinsed and drained
- 1 small can Butterbeans, rinsed and drained
- 1 container White Asparagus, rinsed and drained, chopped into ½ inch pieces
- 10 oz. Peas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup Sundried Tomatoes, rinsed and drained, chopped
- 1 White Onion, roughly chopped
- 1 head Garlic, minced
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- Olive Oil
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Rinse and chop the produce accordingly. Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Make the puree. Set a pan to medium heat, and add 1 tbsp. olive oil. Once hot, add onion and cook until translucent, 4-5 minutes. Then, add beans, and cook until warmed through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add beans and onions to a blender. Add 2 tbsp. olive oil. Pulse until smooth, adding more oil or water if needed. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside for plating.
- Make the sauce. Return your pan to a burner set to medium heat again, and add 1 tbsp. olive oil. Once hot, add garlic, and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant, stirring frequently to avoid burning. Then, add artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, and toss to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Until softened and fragrant. Then, add peas, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine. Cook until peas have warmed through.
- Add pasta to your pan with the sauce and toss to combine.
- Make your plate. Place your puree on the bottom on the dish. Top with pasta. Garnish with chopped parsley. Enjoy!