Sometimes, you need a really quick dinner.
In terms of time spent in the kitchen and clean-up, there’s pretty much nothing quicker than stir-fries.
Lots of room for variety here, but this is something that really hits the spot!
Sweet Potato Noodle Stir-Fry
Cook and Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 1 package Sweet Potato Noodles
- ½ cup Snow Peas, halved
- ½ cup Carrot, diced
- 1 cup Peas, frozen
- 1 Yellow Onion, cut into half-moons
- 1 bunch Scallions, thinly sliced, whites and greens separated
- 1 cup Shitake Mushrooms, sliced
- 4-5 cloves Garlic, sliced
- 1 tbsp. Tamari
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1 tsp. Sesame Oil (optional)
- Sesame Seeds, for garnish
- Sambal Oelek, for garnish
- Cilantro, for garnish
- 1 tsp. Olive Oil or Vegetable Stock, for sautéing
- Rinse and chop the produce accordingly. Whisk together the tamari, lime juice, and sesame oil. Cook noodles according to package instructions.
- Set a skillet or wok to medium high heat. Once hot add oil or vegetable stock. Then, add shallots. Sauté until slightly softened, 3-4 minutes. Then, add garlic, and sauté for 1 minute more.
- Add mushrooms to the skillet. Season with a pinch of salt, and stir to combine. Cook until mushrooms have released their liquid, 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the carrots, peas, snow peas, and half of the sauce. Toss to combine. Cook until everything is warmed through and evenly coated, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the noodles and the rest of the sauce, and toss to combine, 1-2 minutes more.
- Distribute noodles in serving bowls. Garnish with cilantro, sesame seeds, scallions, and sambal. Enjoy!