Savory Breakfast Quinoa with Tamari-Tahini Sauce
Cook and Prep Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 4-6 servings
- 1 ½ cups Quinoa, cooked
- 1 Red Onion, diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1-inch piece Ginger, peeled & grated
- 1 ½ cups Shitake Mushrooms, chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. Yellow or White Miso
- 1 tbsp. Tamari
- 1 tbsp. Turmeric
- 3 tbsp. Tahini
- 1 Lime, juiced
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp. Sesame Oil, for garnish
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Rinse and chop the produce accordingly.
- 2. Set a pan to medium heat. Once hot, add olive oil. Add bell pepper and onion. Cook until softened, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes. Then add garlic, mushrooms, and ginger. Sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine tahini, miso, lime juice, tamari, and 2 tbsp. warm water. Whisk until a smooth texture is reached.
- In a large bowl, add cooked quinoa, vegetable mixture, and tamari-tahini sauce. Toss to combine. Garnish with chopped scallions, red pepper, flakes, and sesame oil. Enjoy!